Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Humor, Prayer and Pacing

shared by Marge Sebert
member, Wood Dale Community Church (UM), Wood Dale, IL


After four inpatient hospitalizations and two outpatient sessions, I realized that this was not how I wanted to spend the rest of my life! Although I will never to ever be able to be off medications completely, this is the plan I am going to put into affect:
1. Prayer, prayer and more prayer! God can fix anyone.
2. I hope to keep them medications to a minimum!
3. I try to pace myself.
4. I try to lessen racing thoughts.
5. I try to avoid anxiety and obsessive compulsive behavior disorder.
6. I I utilize music therapy and cognitive behavior (which minimizes self-defeating thoughts).
7. I find humor in the small things, especially being able to laugh at myself! [Until my second marriage, never really knew what humor was! I grew up in a home that had no sense of humor at all. Boring!]

It isn't easy. However, I must keep working at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment